Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy birthday to our little prince!

Gabriel's birthday is actually tomorrow (Oct 12) but we had his party today. It was a fun get-together with close friends and family.
Here is a picture of the spread and decorations. I had fun using my new cricut to make the banner :)
This was my first time making a layered cake and using fondant icing. It wasn't easy, but I'm happy with the finished product. Chris said it's not as good as "Ace of Cakes", but he did say it was the best home-made cake he has seen. And it tasted yummy!

Gabriel has his eye on that cake!

Eating the sprinkles first

And then he went for the whole thing!

He also loved the balloons that were attached to his highchair!

When it came time to open presents he was so funny! He loved tearing the paper and pulling on the tissue, but he really loved holding the cards! He would hold a card in one hand and tear paper with the other. He looks like such a big boy in this picture!

Trying on his new coyboy boots from Mimi...


Is there anything cuter than a naked baby wearing cowboy boots?


I made Chris' family sit down for a quick picture. The photos I took with my dad didn't turn out...sorry papa Mark!


Christopher with his girl Fotine...look at the love in their eyes!


Her heart really belongs to Gabriel though :)

Our wonderful family!
He was all partied out :)
Nighty night baby.

I just want to say thank you to all of our friends and family. Thank you for loving our boys and being part of their lives. Thank you for making memories with us.
Happy birthday to my little prince. You are an incredible blessing! Your smile is the highlight of my day. Your curiosity keeps us moving! Your joy fills our hearts with joy. We love you so much.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. And your cake is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is incredible, Catherine! Whoa! And happy birthday Gabriel!

    ReplyDelete