Monday, August 3, 2009

Baby Shower Gifts

I went to a baby shower this past weekend and brought a basket of (mostly) handmade gifts for the new baby. I tried a few techniques that I have never done before and for first attempts, they didn't turn out too bad.

I tried hand stitching a felt star on this onesie, but it ended up crooked, so I added the swirls with fabric paint to make it look like it was crooked on purpose. I hope it worked...

On some others, I applied iron-on embroidered letters(wish I could do the real thing!). I love personalized gifts...and they can be very expensive to buy!

This is a burp cloth that I used fabric paint and foam stamps to stamp his name. Mama loved these!

Here is the finished basket!
One of my dream jobs is to own a gift company that makes all kinds of gift baskets. I'm not very good at it, but it's fun!

I love...love...love to buy gifts for people, but it can be depressing when you don't have $50 to drop on a gift for every shower or event you go to. Try to think of fun handmade gifts that will mean more to the recipient.

If you have any other ideas for handmade gifts, please leave them in the comment section :)

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift basket. You are so talented. Wish I was having another baby so you could make me some of those incredible onesies and burb clothes -- way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you creative!? Those are darling, Catherine!

    Oh, and what grade are you wanting to teach when you go back?

    ReplyDelete