Sunday, August 9, 2009

Messy Fun

Since Christopher is stuck playing with babies all day, I have been trying to have a few "big boy" projects for him to do while the babies are napping. This week we made a mess and had lots of fun! I found a recipe online for something called "clean mud"...sounded interesting, so we tried it. Christopher called it "wonka suds" because it ended up looking like the suds that get all over the big truck on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Here is how we did it...
We took about a half of a toilet paper roll and ripped it into tiny pieces. I thought this would keep Christopher busy for a while, but instead he did it for about 5 seconds and then said "Mommy you do it."

Then we took a bar of soap and shredded it with a cheese grater. Again, I had to do this part because I didn't want his little fingers getting shredded.


Then you get some warm water.

Mix it all together, with your hands of course. And have a ball!
Squish it in your fingers, smear it around, pick up handfulls and plop them in the bowl....
And what you get in the end is a happy child!
I would do anything for that face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment