Monday, August 10, 2009

Show and Tell

I was just going through my pictures from this month and picked a few (ok, so I'm crazy about pictures and couldn't just pick a few) that I had to share.

Here is the picture of the sky as we were driving home a few days ago. Christopher started pointing out the window saying, "Look mommy, pretty clouds. Paint up there!" I LOVE seeing things from his perspective. I wouldn't have given this beautiful sky a second look if not for his beautiful 2 year old mind.

We have been finding time to get to the park a lot. We have discovered that Gabriel loves to swing. His little feet just wiggle and he giggles every time I push him and say "weee!!!".

Christopher is lining everything up...from bath toys to blocks, to farm animals. Watching his mind at work is pure entertainment.

He has also learned how to share with his brother more and more. Last week we were in the middle of the "MINE" phase...I'm so glad that is on its way out! Now I catch him giving Gabriel rides down the hallway in boxes and sitting next to him reading a book. I cherish these moments!

{ok, so he is actually taking a toy out of Gabe's hand, but Gabe doesn't care yet, so I'm picking my battles!}

Christopher has been enjoying his art more than ever lately. In this picture, I mixed oatmeal in with his finger paints and let him go to town on a huge piece of paper. He loved the texture!
And here is some good ol' fashion watercolor painting.

Gabriel has had several bumps and bruises in his life, mostly thanks to his brother, but since he has started crawling I am anticipating more self-inflicted injuries like this one...
He was crawling over to see his brother outside, and slipped on the sidewalk, going face first into the pavement...OUCH!!!!!
{within an hour it looked much better!}

We have been loving McDonald's lately...cheap meals, playing for the boys, and ICE CREAM for dessert! Who can beat that...oh, and I don't have to cook or clean! It has been a weekly event around here...part of me feels like I'm a bad mom for this, but I'll forgive myself!




And I snuck this one in here just to show you what an extremely adorable and happy little guy we are blessed with. And I wanted to prove that we don't eat every meal at McDonald's. ;)


Look for Gabriel's 10 month stats coming soon. I know I haven't done this in forever...it's time to get back on track!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine -

    What beautiful boys you have! I love the photos. And I'm with you on the McDonalds thing. I felt guilty about it at first but now? As a once-in-a-while treat, it's great fun. And, like you said, it's as much of a treat for us mothers because no cooking required! :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too. It's nice to "meet you!"

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete