Thursday, February 26, 2009

Christopher's first day of preschool

So, Tuesday was Christopher's first day of preschool. Our church has a preschool for 2 and up that meets on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10:00-2:00. I wanted to keep him home with me, but he loves spending time with other kids, and since I'm not working anymore he doesn't do that on a regular basis. I knew that having a short amount of structured play time with other children would really do him good. So, we went and got him a little lunch box and packed his backpack with all the essentials. When we got there, he was walking down the hallway carrying his backpack and lunchbox and he made sure to say "hi" to each person he saw. When a mommy or daddy would ask him how he was doing he would say "good"...so sweet! When we got to his classroom he just walked right in and found a ball...that's my boy:) I stayed around for a while but he didn't pay any attention to me. He enjoyed being there and is learning the names of his new teachers and friends. I will keep you all updated on how this new venture goes for him. I expect that it will be a great experience for him and allow me to spend more time with Gabriel (and get some extra house work done:)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures! Love the one on your front porch. He's getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? His lunchbox looks as big as he is!

    ReplyDelete