Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was lots of fun. We started the day by making heart shaped pancakes...yummy! The table was decorated all pretty and we broke out or wedding crystal stemwear just for fun. Then I headed off for the spa! Chris got me a facial, pedi, & mani...so fabulous! It was pretty much all I needed for a nice Valentine's Day, but that wasn't all!

So, after the spa, Chris had to coach a basketball game at church. We had lasagna for dinner with Mimi & the boys, then Mommy & Daddy went out for some fun. We got all dressed up and headed downtown to the new movie theater to watch "Taken". It was an awesom movie! It had my heart racing from the beginning...I would definately see it again.

After the movie, we had reservations at Fedora-a fondue restaurant downtown. I was super excited about this because I LOVE fondue. I don't know what else to say about the experience, except that it was completely disapointing! I'm so sad to say it, but it was just a bad experience. We got there at 8:30, ordered an appetizer of cheese fondue, a bowl of soup, and a dessert fondue. We got our soup at 9:30 and our appetizer at 9:55. We never got the dessert fondue. We were pretty disapointed, but what can you do! The waitress said they had never been so busy before, but hello...reservations! They new they were going to be busy. Oh well. We will probly just make fondue at home next time.
Even with the bad restaurant experience, we still had a great day.
Today I thought a lot about my mom...it's been 20 years since she passed away. I love her and miss her so much.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day...big or small! Happy Valentine's Day everyone...we love you!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you guys did Valentine's up right! You look beautiful! Love the heart shaped pancakes. :) Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you look hot!!! Glad to see after babies there are still fun nights out too.-Amy Welker

    ReplyDelete