Friday, April 10, 2009

Gabe's First Day of Sunday School



So, this quarter at church I am teaching the baby class in Sunday School. It was timed perfectly because Gabriel is almost 6 months old so he can start going to the class. Last Sunday was our first time and it was so exciting...probably more for me than for him! The class is 6 months to 2 years old, but most of them are on the younger end of that.

This is what we do in class:

* We start out by giving the kids cheerios as their parents drop them off. (Gabe will have to wait a while for that!)

* The we introduce all the kids so they can become familiar with each other.
* We sing songs about Jesus and God and other fun things. While we sing, the kids get to play with a little toy that goes along with the song.
*After we sing songs, we say a little prayer and then let the kids get down and play until their parents come to pick them up.
I'm so excited to be able to experience Gabriel doing this...it worked out so great! After my 3 months is over he will be in class with the new teacher and Christopher will go to his class. That means I can just sit in adult class and learn...with no babies on my lap! That will be a new experience for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment