Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Celebrating America's Birthday

The 4th really snuck up on us this year since we got back from our vacation at 4:30am on friday. We didn't have plans, other than unpacking and settling back into routines. We still managed to have a few friends over for some grillin' and fireworks fun.

Honestly, I'm kindof a firworks scrooge. Ever since my dad had a bad accident with them about 7 years ago I haven't been a big fan. I don't like them around kids and I think that something happens to a guy's brain when they get a stick of explosives in their hands. I managed to deal with the small amount of fireworks that our friends brought over, and even let Christopher throw the popper things on the ground...baby steps!

Here are some sweet pictures of the boys waving their American flags.


And Teresa!

Nothin' says summer time like a slice of watermellon!


After we ate and played for a while, we put the kids to bed and got the lawn chairs out for a personal fireworks display. There were actually 4 shows going on right in our front yard-one of the "perks" of living outside of city limits. The best part of the night was when it started raining and we all sat in the rain and ate watermellon. I love sitting in a nice midnight shower!
Hope you all had a fun and safe birthday party for our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment