Friday, July 24, 2009

More Adventures in Photo Land

I have been looking forward to 7:00 every night when I can put the boys to bed and start working on photoshop stuff. These online tutorials are so amazing! I am learning techniques that I thought would be incredibly difficult...but they aren't at all! The trick is just learning the way photoshop works...with the different layers and such.

I wanted to post some more pictures that I have done this week for critiques. Although I am excited about what I am learning, these pictures are just a first attempt and I will be improving from here. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so it is hard for me to show my finished products unless they are perfect.

This is a storyboard with text added. I can't wait to make more of these and frame them up around the house!
I burnt the edges of this one and then added the grunge clipping mask
I finally learned how to do selective coloring! This was probably my most anticipated technique. I am so excited to do more of this!



Here I used some textures, added the rounded corner clipping mask, added the overlay and text


I also added textures, grunge clipping mask, and text to this one

Hope you like! Feel free to leave your opinion :)

1 comment:

  1. First, I LOVE your blog header photo -- so cool! You know in that new brushes class that starts on the 3rd, we are going to be making blog headers... :)
    Don't you just love the selective coloring?
    Your "life is a journey" pic is very cool!

    ReplyDelete